You are in charge of building Abel Township. You can do so any way you like; the base initially includes the farmhouse, the defence tower and an armoury. You can then construct new buildings within the base, such as hospitals, housing and recreation areas.
You can improve Abel’s defence, morale and population by constructing new buildings with the materials and supplies you earn from runs,. To construct new buildings, tap the ‘plus’ icon on the Base Builder screen. There will be some buildings that you cannot construct until you meet certain requirements.
Tap the building you wish to construct, then drag and drop it to place it within your base. You cannot undo this.
To expand Abel’s borders, tap the green arrows along the back walls.
Tap on a building to see more information, upgrade its level, build addons, or demolish it.
- Upgrade: Shows the list of requirements for upgrading your selected building. Once you meet these requirements, you can choose to spend your supplies and materials to upgrade. The effects of this upgrade will be noted next to the upgrade button; leveling up certain buildings may unlock others, or heighten your Township’s stats. You cannot undo building upgrades.
- Addons: Shows a list of bonus items that can be added to each building in your base, some of which will be unlocked as you progress with the game. They increase morale.
- Demolish: Demolishing a building will recover all of the materials and supplies spent on the building, and free the space where the building used to stand. The buildings you start with are fixed, and can't be demolished.
Amenities are small buildings that can be placed around your base to improve your stats. They are usually unlocked by completing certain missions. You can only have one of each amenity in your base, so they must be placed wisely.
Supplies and Materials
Supplies are collected at a rate of about 30 supplies an hour. Free users can collect up to 10 supplies per run, and there is no limit for Legacy Members and Abel Runner's Club Members.
Materials are awarded for completing a Story Mission. You’ll receive three materials the first time you run a mission, two materials the second time, and one material the third time.
Population, Morale, Defence
At the top of the screen you can see a bar showing your base’s stats. From left to right, you can see current population/max population, defence level, morale level and the number of collected supplies and materials you currently own.
- Population: You can increase the population of Abel by constructing buildings such as housing. You can’t add more people to Abel than your population cap. Population cap can be increased with buildings like Hospitals and Farms, also by upgrading Janine’s Farmhouse.
- Morale: Morale represents how happy Abel’s residents are. It is calculated by factors such as population, building modifiers and addons, the state of the defence tower and your progress through the main storyline.
- Defence: This represents how well the base is able to defend itself. Only the Defence Tower can be visibly damaged; the higher the defence, the less damage the tower sustains from a zombie attack. You can partially repair it at the cost of some supplies. The tower contributes half of the base’s defence rating; the remaining half can be accumulated by building other defensive structures.