Zombies, Run! is an audio running adventure, consisting of a series of missions which play alongside your music.
You will need to download missions before you can play them. Each mission is about 10-15MB, so you may want to check whether you’re downloading using WiFi or cellular data.
- Story Missions: These tell the story of Abel Township. As with all stories it’s best to start at the beginning!
- Virtual Races: Race anytime, anywhere, with our epic standalone 5K/10K thrillers.
- The Home Front: Home bodyweight workouts set in and around Abel Township.
- Airdrop: Select a point on the real-world map you want to run to, and we’ll build a mission to cover that distance, and your journey back.
- Supply Missions: Side missions set around Abel. Complete these for more supplies.
- Interval Training: Create your own custom missions and workouts with specific timings for walking, jogging, and running.
- Radio: Download the radio missions to hear Radio Abel during your run.
- New Adventures: Run beyond the zombie apocalypse in our original adventures.
Some mission types are only available with a subscription
Before you go for a run, you can select your music playlist, tracking and zombie chase settings on the mission screen. You can also specify how long you want your run to be.
Select the way you'd like to listen to music - with music stored on your device, or an app like Google Play Music or Spotify. The game will interweave the story with your own music, so you’ll hear a story section, then a track, then another story section, and so on. Very long tracks might be split up.
You can find more information about how to use music with Zombies, Run! on the ‘Playing Music’ help page.
There are three ways to track your activity: GPS, Step Counting, and Simulate Running
- GPS: This records your speed and distance when running outdoors. We recommend that you wait until a GPS fix is acquired before running, otherwise your data may be affected. You must select GPS in the settings in order for the app to track you.
- Step Counting: This uses your device’s inbuilt sensors to record your paces. This can be used when GPS is not available, or when running indoors on a treadmill. Just input your stride length and the app will estimate the distance you’re running based on how many steps you’ve taken.
- Simulate Running: If you know roughly how long it takes you to run a kilometre or a mile, then you can input this data here and the app will track you accordingly. Use this setting with stationary bikes, rowing machines, etc.
Looking for a little extra motivation? With Zombie Chases enabled, you’ll occasionally be chased by a pack of hungry zoms. When this happens, you’ll need to increase your speed in order to escape. You can set up the frequency and difficulty of chases using the sliders.
Voice notifications and beeping will let you know how close the zombies are. As the zombies get closer, the beeping will get faster. If they catch you, you’ll automatically drop supplies to distract them.
ONLY speed up if you are in an open area free of obstacles. Take care while running.
While You're Running
You don’t need to look at the screen at any time while running - the game unfolds automatically so you can concentrate on running and listening to the story.
While running, you’ll automatically collect supplies and materials. When you’re back home, you can spend these in Abel Township.
Tap to remove and delete previously downloaded missions from this screen. Deleting a mission is not permanent; you can redownload missions at any time.