If you are having trouble with frequent crashes, missions ending early, or GPS in Zombies, Run! on a Xiaomi device, this may be due to Xiaomi's battery optimisation settings.
These settings can vary between phone models and versions of the Android OS, and because of this we cannot provide comprehensive instructions for every device.
The steps below cover the basics, but if you find yourself still struggling after trying them, we recommend checking out Don't Kill My App which should have the latest information.
- Go to Device Settings
- Select Advanced Settings
- Tap on Battery Manager
- Go to Protected Apps and add Zombies, Run! to the list of protected apps
- Return to Device Settings
- Tap on Apps and select Zombies, Run!
- Select Battery
- Select Power Intensive Prompt and allow Keep Running after Screen Off
If you have tried this and are still having trouble, please also do the following:
- Go to your phone's Settings app
- Select Additional Settings
- Go to Battery & Performance
- Tap on Manage apps’ battery usage
- On this screen switch off Power Saving Mode
- Tap on Saving Power in The Background
- Select Choose Apps and tap on Zombies, Run!
- Go to Background Settings and switch to No Restrictions
You'll also need to:
- Open your phone's Security app
- Select Permissions
- Open Auto Start
- Enable Zombies, Run!
For more information about battery optimisation, please read the main article.