If you are having trouble with frequent crashes, missions ending early, or GPS in Zombies, Run! on an Xiaomi device, please follow these steps:
- Go to Device Settings
- Select Advanced Settings
- Tap on Battery Manager
- Go to Protected Apps and add Zombies, Run! to the list of protected apps
- Return to Device Settings
- Tap on Apps and select Zombies, Run!
- Select Battery
- Select Power Intensive Prompt and allow Keep Running after Screen Off
If you have tried this and are still having trouble, please also do the following:
- Go to your phone's Settings app
- Select Additional Settings
- Go to Battery & Performance
- Tap on Manage apps’ battery usage
- On this screen switch off Power Saving Mode
- Tap on Saving Power in The Background
- Select Choose Apps and tap on Zombies, Run!
- Go to Background Settings and switch to No Restrictions
You'll also need to:
- Open your phone's Security app
- Select Permissions
- Open Auto Start
- Enable Zombies, Run!
For more information about battery optimisation, please read the main article.