If you are having trouble with frequent crashes, missions ending early, or GPS in Zombies, Run! on a OnePlus device, this may be due to their battery optimisation settings.
These settings can vary between phone models and versions of the Android OS, and because of this we cannot provide comprehensive instructions for every device.
The steps below cover the basics, but if you find yourself still struggling after trying them, we recommend checking out Don't Kill My App which should have the latest information.
- Go to Settings on your OnePlus device
- Select Battery
- Select Battery Optimization
- Find Zombies, Run! in the list of apps, tap on it and select Don’t Optimize
- Tap Done
- Open your overview/recents screen which displays all of your recently used apps
- Tap the padlock icon in the top right hand corner of the Zombies, Run! app
If you have done this, and you are still having trouble, please double check that these settings are still in place, and then:
- Go to Settings
- Select App Auto-Launch
- Disable this for Zombies, Run!
For more information about battery optimisation, please read the main article.