Though the app requires access to the location tracking on your device in order to function correctly, your paces and progress through the game will be tracked correctly even when GPS is disabled or unavailable. In this case the app will use locational information from cell towers or Wi-Fi hotspots.
Articles in this section
- My walks aren't being recorded or I can't download episodes!
- The app tracked my steps / time / mode of travel wrong - help please?
- Do I need to have GPS on all the time to use The Walk?
- Can I play The Walk on an elliptical / while cycling / doing judo / parkour etc.?
- Can I play The Walk on a treadmill?
- How does running the app in the background work? Won’t it kill my battery?